LilypieWaiting to adopt Ticker

Sunday, March 09, 2008

I'm back.... Sort of

OK, I'm sure by now most of you have "tuned out" of our blog because I have been so utterly pathetic in updating it. But in my defense... there are only so many hours in a day. Since Feb 1, this is what our life has looked like.
We are preparing to sell our duplex, so I have been working there any chance I get painting it throughout- ceilings, walls, trim, doors, kitchen cabinets- EVERYTHING! We ripped out every stitch of flooring and will have all new flooring laid throughout. Changed all the lighting throughout, electrical upgrades, hauled 4 truck loads of JUNK that the last tenants left behind. And amongst all this, Daron's been 1 week in Nfld, 1 week in Florida (for work- poor Daron!), and his usual trekking around the Atlantic provinces for work (including weekend home shows!- Oh how I love the spring!!) The kids have had a record number of snow days this year, just to complicate scheduling! So I basically spent the whole month of Feb working at the duplex until about midnight or 1 am every night that Daron has been in town. AND, just to add to the mayhem, we have also sold our cottage to a couple from Ottawa that "fell in love " with our cottage from my website. They flew in one Friday to look at it, and put and offer in and accepted our counter offer on the day we were leaving for vacation. Oh yeah, amongst all the frenzy of the month, we did go away for 8 days to Punta Cana while Mom stayed at our place with the girls. So, don't feel too sorry for me... I had a week of sunbathing in 30 degrees on a white sand beach drinking Tiki Tiki's. Other than a few excursions we did, we were pretty much only upright for 3 meals a day!! It was sinfully relaxing. But we missed the girls like crazy. But, did I mention how relaxing it was? We definitely needed the break. And although I planned on coming back rejuvenated, I came back with "walking pneumonia" instead. Oh well, life goes on.
This week I will post all the pictures that I have been neglectful of getting on here. Promise!

4 comments:

PennyWolfe said...

Okay, I'm off for a nap now! Wow that was busy and a well deserved break indeed. I am looking forward to that first day Lisa stays overnight with Lucy at Grandma's. David and I are already planning a trip next year ALONE. But you're right, you do miss the girls a lot. It is always great coming home!

Louise said...

Hey you should sell half of your duplex to me :) :) I think our neighbours are going to buy our house..Long story :)

Louise

Unknown said...

Welcome back!!!! (it's about time!)

We'll have to chat soon....hop on over to the blog and check out the new Dolan!! :)

Krista

Unknown said...

Hi!!
Welcome back!!

Give me a shout when you some time (yeah right, what's that?)
and I'll fill you in on what's new!

Krista
Check out the blog for pictures!!
He's precious!