LilypieWaiting to adopt Ticker

Monday, October 15, 2007

Edward Scissorhands comes to visit...

On Saturday afternoon we were taking the girls for a swim at the Indoor Pool. When Lily woke from her nap, she was so excited to get her "babe-ing suit" on! She loves to swim as much as Kyra does. Two mermaids in our family- for sure.

After I got her suit on, I sat her on my lap so I could put her hair in a ponytail. Once done, she got down and as she turned around to look at me I noticed that her hair looked really funny on one side. As I combed my fingers through her hair trying to figure out what was wrong, I realized this one section of hair was so short. I thought to myself, "It almost looks like it has been cut."

Just then I remember something odd that happened when I had her in the tub on Thursday night (that's two days earlier). That night, as I wet her hair to wash it, she ran her fingers through her hair and a big clump of hair came out in her hand. I gasped when I saw the hair in her hand and thought, "Was she yanking on her hair?" I didn't notice her tugging at her hair. I was in a rush that night, continued on with the bath and never thought any more about it...

Until Saturday. Now it all made sense. She must have cut her hair. But when? I was there when she was in the tub and there certainly weren't any scissors around. (In my defense for not having noticed for two days, I feel the need to point out that you can't see the cut section until her hair is in a ponytail.)

I asked her if she cut her hair and she said "Nnnooo". Hmm...I was skeptical that I was getting an honest answer. As I was bringing her downstairs, I saw Kyra and asked her if she saw Lily cutting her hair. She said, "No". Then I said, "Did you cut her hair?" And she said "No!" (with a little smirk on her face). Ah-ha! now we're getting somewhere. I try again, "Are you sure you didn't cut her hair?" She looks at me sheepishly, "Yeah...(giggle, giggle) we were playing hairdresser." Mystery solved.

Daron and I burst out laughing, but I was trying to keep a straight face(unsuccessfully) to tell her that we don't play hairdresser with scissors- just pretend. Because neither one of us could stop laughing, I'm not sure how well me made our point... time will tell.

Here's a photo of Kyra's handy work...





Lily seemed to be a happy client, but I'm not sure how much business Kyra will get from this display of her talent ;-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just caught up on your blog. It sounds like you've been having a lot of adventures. I recently had to invest in a plunger. A story I will share when I see you next. If two is this exciting I can't wait to read about FOUR!!!