LilypieWaiting to adopt Ticker

Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Our File is Complete!!

Our file is complete and I dropped it off to our Provincial Social Worker yesterday. YEAH!!!

Although I had everything very organized and up to date, the entire day yesterday was spent running around doing the remaining photocopying of all our documents that would get sent in the file, banking, getting the courier envelope, doing a final check to make sure everything on our document list was actually in the file, and finally making it to Family and Communtiy Services by 4:35. They close at 4:30!!! I wasn't going to be stopped! Although the secretary was not at her desk, I squeezed my fat envelope through the little hole in her window and pushed it across her counter as far as I could reach. (I was leaving my file if they wanted me to or not!!!)

Then on my drive home, the thought crossed my mind- "that would be a complete nightmare if the envelope got lost and I had to redo the entire paperchase!" Yikes!! I emailed Kim this morning "just to confirm" that she actually received our file. Whew- she did!

So we are officially en route to Ethiopia. We were excited before, but now it really feels real. It's just that same excited feeling when our file was complete almost 3 years ago and out of our hands, bound for China. Now it's bound for Ethiopia, and I just feel giddy with excitement.
My estimate is that we may be lucky enough to have our file reach Ethiopia by the end of October. I've been checking out other family timelines and it seems that once the file is handed over to the Province, they forward it to our agency, our Agency forwards it on to the Foreign Embassy in Ottawa, then it gets sent to Ethiopia. All in all, I'm guessing 3-4 weeks for that whole chain of events. We'll see how accurate my prediction is!!!

No comments: