LilypieWaiting to adopt Ticker

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

FINALLY!! Our file is on it's way...

Okay, I know I said our file was on it's way on Oct 3... but this time I really mean it. I think. At least that's what I was told. You just never really know when dealing with our gov't.

Apparently, the hold up has been in regards to us switching from the China program to the Ethiopia program. Our Province sends a letter to the CCAA telling them that we are requesting to be removed from the China program. Normally they receive a letter from China acknowledging the request. Well, it's been a couple of weeks and no letter. I was told that the decision "had just been made that morning" to send our Ethiopian file off anyways... they have waited long enough and didn't feel the need to wait any longer. What a coincidence that the decision was made on the exact morning that I called to find out what the hold up was!! WOW, that's down-right amazing!!

As of yesterday, I was told our file was being sent to KidsLink that day. It should have arrived today or tomorrow... but I haven't heard from KidsLink. They said they would let me know when they received it. Hmmmm. Our Provincial gov't wouldn't do that... tell me one thing and not follow through...no. Never. Cynical, I know, but International Adoption would make ANYONE a pessimist!!

I'll post again when I know for sure.

If it was sent, KidsLink checks it out to make sure everything required is in the dossier. Then they forward it on to the Foreign Embassy in Ottawa for authentication and legalization. When they receive it back they forward it on to Ethiopia. We are told the Ottawa end of the process ususally takes 2-3 wks. So, if all goes well, our dossier should be in Ethiopia by early to mid December. Then the wait begins...

Having been through the China program already, I can't help but chuckle when I read other waiting families on the Yahoo Groups in the Ethiopian program "going crazy" because their file has been in Ethiopia for 8 or 10 WEEKS and they don't have a referral... WEEKS (that's not a type-o!!)

We were amazed to get a referral for Lily in 7 MONTHS because it was historically the shortest wait times ever in China. It just goes to show you, everything is relative!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How very exciting. One thing I did was request from Bill the Expresspost tracking numbers for all my paperwork as it moved around. You know us adoptive parents...every milestone is very exciting and we like to record it for our scrapbooks...(also evidence for us extra cynical ones that thing actually went as we were told. :) Funny how through adoption my patience and pessimism have both grown a lot!!

Lisa, Pierre, Marika,Karelle, Yakim, Tarik and Zavier said...

It was soo great to meet you and your family on Monday !

I soo look forward to following your journey to your children and can't wait to see you at the gatherings. I know our girls will be great friends :)

Congrats on your file being sent to your agency !

Lisa

geminirn said...

Congratulations,how very exciting,can't wait to hear you shout that you have been DTE!!!!!

Saint John,NB