LilypieWaiting to adopt Ticker

Friday, November 30, 2007

NYC- Day 2


So day two, we wake up exhausted, but still are out by 8:30. Our plan is to go for a good hearty breakfast (so we can shop through lunch again!) and then hit the uptown stores...Saks, Barneys, Bergdorf Goodman, FAO Schwartz...


On our way over to 5th Ave, we head over to Rockefeller Plaza. To our surprise as we get to the Plaza concourse, we see Matt Lauer on the outdoor stage for the Today Show and he introduces James Taylor. What luck! Here's a shot of him on stage singing...


And here's me calling my girl friend Andi... and she's not home!! I'm SCREAMING onto her voicemail, "We're on the Plaza concourse and we just saw Matt Lauer, and we are listening to James Taylor. I can't believe you're not home!!"



We stuck close to "The Evans". We figured it was our best chance of getting on TV. When the camera pans out over the crowd, they are going to get all the Evan Almighty's on! Sure enough, my grandmother could see us! I couldn't think of who else to call that would be home.
I can't believe we were one of the screaming idiots trying to get on camera at the Today Show! I swore I would never do that. Just goes to show you, in the heat of the moment, you never know what you'll do.
After all the Today Show excitement we found a great restaurant below Rockefeller Plaza and had a wonderful breakfast at the window beside the outdoor skating rink. During breakfast, watching everyone skate around we decided we would go to the skate shop, rent some skates and do a couple laps before we hit the stores. We walk into the skate shop, the ticket lady tallies up the register and says, "$48!" Okay we didn't want to skate THAT badly. Let's hit Saks instead!!




This is us "going into" FAO Schwartz...





This is us "inside" FAO Schwartz...


...And this is us "leaving".

When we hailed a cab, I almost had to tell him to remove his spare tire from the trunk so we could fit all our goodies inside!

These next few photos are for my dad. Every time my Mom talked to him on the phone he kept saying, "I hope you're taking lots of pictures", or "Don't forget to bring the camera so you can take lots of pictures". So..






This is us on 5th Ave in front of Cartier...




Still on 5Th Ave, in front of Tiffany's...






This is us on 6Th Ave in front of Macy's...






This is us back on 5Th Ave in front of Lord and Taylor...

So we did take lots of pictures, but somehow I don't think that is what my dad was envisioning. He was probably thinking Empire State Building, Flatiron Building, Central Park, Statue of Liberty.

NOT!

So, we had a great mother/daughter weekend and we have lots of fantastic memories that we'll keep for many years to come. Hopefully one day, I'll be able to do that with my girls.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love James Taylor. Oh that looks like so much fun. Maybe we'll have to plan a Mommie's weekend to New York in a few years and you can show some of us around. Looks like a great time!!

Barb said...

Hahaha! I love the pic of you dragging the shopping bags. They really should put wheels on them. hehe

What a great memory for both of you :)