LilypieWaiting to adopt Ticker

Tuesday, December 04, 2007

2nd Anniversary- Gotcha Day

TODAY I KISSED AN ANGEL
Today I kissed an angel
I knew it from the start
the first time that my angel
smiled at me
I gave away my heart
Today I kissed an angel
this angel child of mine
though not of my creation
my child by God's design
Today I kissed an angel
my heart is dancing wild
our family, by a miracle
blessed by another angel child
Two years ago today Daron and I had Lily placed in our arms for the very first time. I still remember the overwhelming emotions of love, joy, excitement, gratitude, pride, nervousness, fear and ultimately, relief. The day of Lily's arrival had finally come!
Both our children came into our lives after long, hard journeys that were filled with anticipation. We finally became pregnant with Kyra after two years of trying, and we finally had Lily after a year and a half of paperchasing and waiting. At this point, we have no idea how long the wait will be for our next two children, but I know that the day we finally have them in our arms we will experience all those emotions that we had the day Kyra was born and the day Lily came into our family.
They say the greatest rewards are felt from the things we work hardest for. I couldn't agree more. I am so thankful that we had to work so hard to bring both of our children into our family; for us there is no greater joy than having the privilage of being the parents to two such beautiful children.

2 comments:

Julie M. said...

I know I am a day late, but Happy Anniversary! This was a very beautiful post...thanks for sharing :)

Lisa, Pierre, Marika,Karelle, Yakim, Tarik and Zavier said...

Happy 2nd Gotcha Day !!!

This post is beautiful Debbie and oh soo true.. the feelings that you have when your children are finally placed in your arms forever are amazing.. we are looking forward to experiencing the birth of our third child just the same !

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us !

You have a beautiful family and it will only get more beautiful as you add more !

Lisa